The Systemic Impact of Digitization on Finance
December 19 - December 20
In this workshop, we aim to bring together young researchers, senior academics, and industry experts to discuss how and to what extent digitalization impacts the financial system. We want to bring an analytical, principled perspective to this question. The workshop will be guided by the following three broad questions:
- What new opportunities for products and services does digitalization in finance bring?
- How does digitalization transform the existing financial system?
- What is the broader social impact of digitalization in finance?
The 1.5-day event will consist of presentation sessions and a poster session. Each presentation session will include talks by invited speakers and talks by workshop participants. We invite submissions in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Blockchain products, services, and systems
- Payment systems
- Machine learning in the financial sector
- Digital central banking
- Systemic risk and financial networks
- Algorithmic and high-frequency trading
- Regulation, data protection, and security in FinTech
- Privacy and anonymity in finance
- Centralization and power in financial markets
- Digital entrepreneurship
We invite contributions of various kinds, including but not limited to analytical, simulation, and empirical research, as well as industry experience talks and design studies.
Mandatory registration: Eventbrite Registration